Gold Cards and renewal stickers will only be issued to a verifiable business owner, an owner's spouse, or a paid employee. Employee's spouses DO NOT qualify.
LOST OR STOLEN Gold Cards: You must re-apply by providing all current documents. Please report a lost or stolen card to HBE Gold Card Services at (630) 241-9865.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION - All items listed in this section are REQUIRED and must be submitted with completed application and payment.
- Federal Tax ID Number or a copy of a current Sales Tax payment form.
- Copy of a "current" Retail Sales Tax License, Business License or Occupational License. The business must be related to the industry of the show. Business owners MUST provide proof of ownership when the Business/Occupational License does not clarify this information.
- Paycheck Stub, if not available, a copy of a cancelled payroll check will be accepted, front and back side required. Must be minimum $75.00 payroll check. This requirement applies to EMPLOYEES ONLY.
- Copy of a Government issued photo ID. Driver's license, state identification card, or passport.
IF IT IS NOT CLEAR THAT THE BUSINESS IS RELATED TO THE INDUSTRY, you must provide the following additional documentation:
- Three (3) recent invoices - quantity orders in excess of $100.00 each. These invoices must be from suppliers, for product that is related to the industry.
- A photo of your store display area located in your place of business. No home displays accepted.
COSMETOLOGIST, OWNERS OR EMPLOYEES OF BEAUTY SALONS, NAIL SALONS OR SPAS - must provide all the above documentation and if you lease a space a copy of your rent payment must be included.
SCHOOL, CHURCH OR HOSPITAL EMPLOYEES/VOLUNTEERS must provide all of the following documentation:
- A letter (on your business letterhead), signed by the principal/dean/pastor/hospital administrator, indicating the names of each person requesting to attend a show.
- Current fundraiser flyer or advertisement of sale or shop.
- Three (3) invoices or receipts - quantity orders in excess of $100.00 each. These invoices must be from suppliers related to the industry.
Home Demonstration and Direct Sales: Mary Kay, Avon, Merle Norman, Scentsy, Pampered Chef, PartyLite, Shaklee, Amway, etc., are all classified as Buyers not Owners.
Home Demonstration and Direct Sales must provide all of the following documentation:
- Consultant business card for the company you are a sales representative of.
- Three (3) invoices for product/merchandise purchased for retail sales.
- A business receipt for a customer's purchase from you.
SPOUSES - A spouse of a business owner is a buyer and may apply for a gold card. The spouse of a paid employee or volunteer is not qualified and may attend as a buyer's guest for a guest fee. Please note that the guest fee at the Baton Rouge Jewelry and Merchandise Show includes a Baton Rouge Sales Tax.
If you miss a deadline date for the show of your choice, you may purchase a Gold Card on show site during all Helen Brett markets. See show dates on front of application or visit our website at http://www.helenbrett.com/. No one under 16 years of age is permitted to Helen Brett markets; Gold Cards will not be issued to individuals under 16. Proof of age is required on show site.
MAIL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WITH REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO:
Helen Brett Enterprises, Gold Card Services, 5111 Academy Drive, Lisle, IL 60532-2171
Make checks payable to Helen Brett Enterprises.
Q & A's
Can I bring a guest?
Yes, any qualified buyer may bring one guest per day for a $20.00 guest fee. Please note that the guest fee at the Baton Rouge Jewelry and Merchandise Show is $22.00 due to a Sales Tax.
If I am the spouse of a business owner, can I attend?
Yes, you may attend as a qualified buyer with appropriate documentation; see "Required Documentation" above. Employee's spouses DO NOT qualify.
Can more than one (1) employee or owner attend?
Yes, as of August 6, 2001, up to six (6) people from a business (including owner) may attend at one time and still bring one guest each.
Can a child attend with me?
No person under 16 years of age is permitted. Proof of age is required.
Can I pre-register or register online?
No, registration is held on show-site. See Registration Hours for schedule.
Does the owner have to be present for employees to attend?
No, employees are qualified buyers and must present the required documentation at registration. (See Required Documentation above.)
Can I bring a wheeled bag or piece of wheeled luggage for my packages?
Wheeled bags, wheeled luggage, and strollers are STRICTLY PROHIBITED FROM THE SHOW FLOOR. An area for you to check your cart/stroller or luggage is available.
I'm on file - do I need to bring my documents every time?
Yes, full documentation is required every time you attend. A Helen Brett Gold Buyer Card may be purchased for your convenience. Gold Buyer Card membership will provide entrance to all Helen Brett Markets across the country and documentation is only required at time of purchase and upon renewal every two (2) years. See our Gold Buyer Card application for further details.